Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Hard Work Available in the Oil Patch


I have not said anything about the "oil patch" in awhile so when I came across this information from Texas I felt that I should pass it along...

Oil field workers with little experience are said to be making $75,000 a year. A new, inexperienced, "roughneck" (what I use to do when I was 15 years old) is making $24 an hour and if you have some experience you can make $60,000 to $70,000 a year or more. (Dang, if I weren't retired and independently well-off I would consider packin' up the wife and movin' south...)

If you don't want to work in the oil patch (and I must tell you it is hard work) you can get a job at the local pizza parlor starting at $14 an hour.

And if you want to start a business in the area then consider that the folks in Three Rivers need services, dry cleaners, restaurants, grocery stores, boutiques. With all the money coming into the town from the oil people in Three Rivers, they need somewhere to spend it.

Life is good down in the town of Three Rivers, Texas and Ray Smith (construction worker) said: "If you don't work here, it's because you don't want to work...".

Jerry


Make sure and download a copy of Lucky and Good: Risk, Decisions and Bets for
Investors, Traders and Entrepreneurs




No comments:

Post a Comment